Tuesday, April 10, 2012

They will wage war against the Lamb, but the Lamb will triumph over them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings—and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers.
(Revelation 17:14)

We have started a new sermon series at my church called "not a fan.", which is based on the book of the same title written by Kyle Idleman.  The link will give you more information.  Simply put, it's getting down to the basic question of "are you a fan or a follower?"   A fan is kind of like a fair weather friend.....when things get tough, they turn tail.  They seem to be a true friend, say the right things, even do the right things, but they have not given themselves completely.  A follower is a true believer and one who will stand up for Jesus and defend His honor in all circumstances.  I'm just beginning this book, but I can already see that I'm a follower/fan, not a true and complete follower.  I don't want to be a fan......I want to be a follower.

I recommend this book and I hope you will ask yourself the same question and answer honestly.  It will open your eyes to the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment