Sunday, April 8, 2012

CHRIST AROSE 
1. Low in the grave He lay,
Jesus, my Savior!
Waiting the coming day,
Jesus, my Lord!

2. Vainly they watch His bed,
Jesus, my Savior!
Vainly they seal the dead,
Jesus my Lord!

3. Death cannot keep his prey,
Jesus, my Savior!
He tore the bars away,
Jesus my Lord!

Chorus:
Up from the grave He arose,
With a mighty triumph o'er His foes;
He arose a victor from the dark domain,
And He lives forever With His saints to reign.
He arose! He arose!
Hallelujah! Christ arose!
Written in 1874

Beautiful words!  We sang this timeless hymn in church this morning, along with other Easter-appropriate hymns.  The chorus was sung acappella and it was so beautiful and moving.

He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay.
(Matthew 28:6)

I hope your Easter was a grateful day of worship.  No matter who you are and what your life circumstances may be, you have the hope of a better life thanks to the sacrifice of Jesus Christ.  

No comments:

Post a Comment