Thursday, June 2, 2011

Yet the LORD longs to be gracious to you;
therefore he will rise up to show you compassion.
For the LORD is a God of justice.
Blessed are all who wait for him!

(Isaiah 30:18)

I found this scripture last night and made a copy to hold in my hand today.....

I spent the morning in a courtroom, trying to be supportive as my friends addressed the young man that murdered their son.  It was heartwrenching.  I knew that it was going to be really rough on everyone involved and I also knew that our earthly justice was not going to be fair.  It wasn't.  By holding on to the Isaiah scripture, I had the faith and confidence to know that this young man will get the justice that he deserves when he stands before the God of all creation.  It gave me such a sense of peace, knowing that God had this all in His hands and would take care of the whole situation....it isn't for me, the families, or even the courtroom judge to make the final call.  That call belongs to God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment