Sunday, June 19, 2011

What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul?
(Matthew 16:26)

This was one of the scriptures from the sermon this morning.  We were asked "what is your one thing," meaning what is your uppermost priority, the one thing that you value most.  Am I holding material possessions as my "one thing".....my relationships and friendships with others as my "one thing".... my family as my "one thing?"  Point being, it's all worthless in comparison to the "one thing" we have in God.

There are certainly times when my priorities are out of whack, but mostly, as I mature spiritually, God tops my list.  This helps me to put all of the other "one things" in their proper perspective, which makes me richer than I ever thought was possible! 

No comments:

Post a Comment