Sunday, June 26, 2011

Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy.
(Exodus 20:8)

I find myself being confused as to what is an acceptable activity on Sunday and what is unacceptable.  Recently, I read a quote from a commentary that Sunday should be "a welcomed rest in remembrance of God."  This gave me a little clarification about using Sundays for God honoring purposes.  I'm realistic enough to know that I'm not going to spend the entire day reading my Bible and/or praying.  That would certainly be God-honoring, but not practical for my personality and my nature.  I can make the effort not to shop, not to mow the yard, and not do those other chores that can be done on another day of the week. 
I'm going to quit over analyzing proper Sunday activities and just enjoy the day that God has blessed me with by honoring Him (as much as possible) with my thoughts and actions.....simple as that.

No comments:

Post a Comment