Saturday, May 21, 2011

 

No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful.  Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.
(Hebrews 12:11)

The discipline of studying the Bible has become a pleasant ritual for me. It hasn't always been this way, as the Bible appeared to me as a book of complex mysteries that seemed too deep for my simple brain to process. However, the more I've studied the Bible, the easier it becomes, the more pleasant it becomes, and the more life changing it becomes. I now look forward to opening this amazing book and searching for scripture that offers me hope in all circumstances. The discipline and perseverance of Bible study reaps priceless rewards!

If you are new to Bible study, don't give up and don't get frustrated with yourself if you have trouble understanding the scripture. I'm not the sharpest crayon in the box and I have gained amazing insight, slowly but surely, by trusting God to open my mind to the scripture that fills my needs. The discipline of continued study will fill you with peace and understanding, one scriptural nugget at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment