Sunday, January 15, 2012

“Go through the camp and tell the people, ‘Get your provisions ready. Three days from now you will cross the Jordan here to go in and take possession of the land the LORD your God is giving you for your own.”
(Joshua 1:11)

Can you imagine carrying all of your possessions, food, and supplies for a long journey?  Much of this would be carried on your back.  A few would have a donkey or camel to help with the load.  I can't even imagine being limited to the possessions that would fit in my car.  How would I chose what to take? There would certainly be no extras or unnecessary items.  It would actually be heartbreaking to leave my "treasures" behind.
We are blessed beyond measure.  Most of us, anyway, have a roof over our head, a personal car for transportation, and abundant food.  A hot shower is expected in my spoiled world, heat to keep me warm, and air conditioning to keep me cool. 
All of this is from God, who takes care of my needs, not to mention the extras.  Blessings abound!

No comments:

Post a Comment