Monday, January 23, 2012

Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms.
(1 Peter 4:10)

I picked this scripture because of the wording "God's grace in its various forms."  Gods' grace is not only unlimited, it comes to us in every way imaginable.  I know that I don't recognize His grace in some instances, which also means that I don't acknowledge and thank Him in those circumstances either.
God wants us....and actually demands us....to serve others, using the gifts that He has given us.  We all have gifts from God and should use those gifts.  I often use illness as an excuse not to serve.  Legitimate as my excuse may be, I also know that God will enable me to serve if I am following His will.
I'm throwing out lots of words that, simplified, just mean that God wants and equips us to serve others.  Just do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment