Thursday, July 14, 2011

Jacob’s well was there, and Jesus, tired as he was from the journey, sat down by the well. It was about noon.
(John 4:6)

I sometimes forget that Jesus came to us in a human form, a form that felt fatigue, pain, and everything else that we experience.  I was pretty tired today and found this scripture comforting.  It makes my "tired" pale in comparison.  I can't even imagine traveling almost everywhere on foot.  And it says that it was about noon....the hottest time of the day.  I'm feeling less tired now and very grateful for a life full of luxuries that make my life so much easier than it was in Jesus' time.  And thank you, Jesus, for staying the course and enduring not only religious persecution, but obstacle after obstacle to simply live life in that era.  

No comments:

Post a Comment