Wednesday, April 20, 2011

I've Got the Joy In My Heart

I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart
Where?
Down in my heart!
Where?
Down in my heart!
I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart
Down in my heart to stay


I dreamed about this hymn last night. When I woke up, I really didn't know if I had made up this hymn or if it was a hymn from my childhood. My dreams are vivid and it can sometimes be hard for me to know if it was a dream or if it really happened. What do we do when we have questions?..... we Google it. The hymn does exist. I still have no real memory of it, but it had to have been from my childhood, as I also knew the tune. For whatever reason, this was brought to me in my dream and I've had that pleasant feeling of nostalgia all day, while silently singing this cute little hymn.

I consider this another gift from God. It has to have been over five decades since I've sung this song and here it is, back in the forefront of my mind. I don't know why it was given to me, but I have enjoyed humming it again and trying to keep the joy in my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment