Thursday, October 11, 2012

So this is what the Sovereign Lord says:
“See, I lay a stone in Zion, a tested stone,
a precious cornerstone for a sure foundation;
the one who relies on it
will never be stricken with panic.
(Isaiah 28:16)
 
"A sure foundation."  "A precious cornerstone."  Words that come directly from our God yet I have my moments..... OK, my days, even, of panic.  We're not supposed to panic, or doubt, or worry, if our faith is holding firm to God's sure foundation.  Because I do worry, I know that my grip sometimes comes loose from that cornerstone as I temporarily rely on my own strength and perspective.  It's guaranteed to fail when I slip away from that foundation.  Temptations are around every corner..... challenges present themselves everyday....... hardships are a part of daily life.  If I focus on that foundation, I will be OK, regardless of my circumstances.  Hold firm and have faith!  

No comments:

Post a Comment