Tuesday, July 10, 2012

He became what we are that He might make us what He is.
Athanasius

This came in an email this morning.  Isn't it a beautiful quote?  It's hard to imagine all the sacrifices that He made for our benefit.  I'm not even considering His ultimate sacrifice of death, just becoming human was incredibly unselfish and sacrificial.  He lost everything..... gave up everything ..... became homeless ..... took on all human attributes ..... suffered in the heat ..... got blisters ...... starved at times ...... thirsted for water..... and the list goes on and on.  (The only attribute that He didn't acquire was a sinful nature.)

What this tells me is that when I have a headache..... He knows how I feel.  When I'm crying..... He knows how I feel.  When I'm suffering in any way...... He knows how I feel.  He can relate...... He's been there, He's actually been there.  This makes me feel closer to Him as more than a God, but also as a friend and companion.  He's not unreachable, he's not unavailable.  He's there for me, He's there for you.  He's there for everyone and anyone that welcomes Him! 

No comments:

Post a Comment